Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Elections

Elections are going to be announced anytime soon in Singapore, and I'm eligible for overseas voting, although the nearest overseas polling station is in London. In the meantime, I'm planning an entire series of analyses of the introduction videos of the new candidates of the People's Action Party. It's all set to be a lot of fun, because they speak using the same discourse and euphemisms.

If anyone would like to volunteer to make a video using these scripts, let me know! We can collaborate and contribute to a critical analysis of a ruling party's rhetoric.

To save my butt from any legal complications, I should make it clear that these are my opinions and that I'm critiquing the rhetoric of the party, not the people themselves - I'm clearly aware that I don't know these people personally. Feel free to enjoy them though (:

No comments: